We make this a lot. It’s a great dish–quick, easy, and scrumpdilyumptious, and it actually tastes better the next day! -Eva
1/2 c red quinoa
1/2 c white quinoa
1/2 red onion
1/2 English cucumber
1 red bell pepper
1 pt grape tomatoes
1 bunch parsley
1 can chick peas
1 pkg feta cheese
Juice of 1 – 2 lemons
1/4 c Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse the quinoa and the cover with water in a pot. Bring to boil, then simmer until all the water is absorbed. Let cool.
2. Chop onion, cucumber, red pepper. Rinse chickpeas. Mince parsley
3. Mix onion, cucumber, red pepper, chickpeas, and parsley in a bowl. Add cooled quinoa. Add lemon juice and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Break up feta into small pieces and gently mix in.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour or eat right away if really hungry. It’s better the next day as flavors have a chance to come together.